Volunteering or interning at The Camphill School can be an incredible experience filled with new relationships and knowledge that will change you forever and can be a gateway to professional education that will enhance or create your career path.
Prospective live-in coworkers will learn about the Camphill way of life, which demands full immersion with some sacrifice of privacy and free time in return for a profound experience of humanity, relationships, and the true meaning of “service.”
The Tangible Benefits
- Room and board
- Monthly stipend
- Health and driving insurance
- Access to an automobile
- Days off and vacation stipends
- CPR and lifeguard training
- Debt-free higher education in the Camphill Academy
- For international applicants, administrative assistance with visas
The Intangible Rewards
- Living, working, and learning amidst ethnic and cultural diversity
- Forming lifelong relationships
- Giving of yourself but receiving much more in return
- Proximity to Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York
Types of Coworkers
Volunteers have no specific agenda in coming to The Camphill School other than to “work with children,” enjoy a “gap year experience,” or “help people in a community setting.” They are committed and motivated and often find themselves wanting to take advantage of the educational possibilities offered in our Camphill Academy, stay for longer than the eleven-month commitment, and many times discover new career opportunities they might not have imagined prior to volunteering.
Interns are currently enrolled in, or have just completed, a post-secondary program in related fields such as education, special education, social work, or psychology and are seeking on-the-job experience in an environment of professional excellence. Eligible to craft a more customized The Camphill School volunteer experience, interns also are afforded the benefit of an experienced mentor. Interns also may apply for admission to the Camphill Academy.